About Me

My photo
Raising up missionaries to build the Kingdom of God through teamwork

Friday, March 27, 2009

Our Intercessor


Today we decided to introduce you to someone really special and dear to our Church. Her name is Mihaela Serban.

There are many things that describe Mihaela, such as her constant smile, a good attitude that anyone could envy, but more than anything Mihaela is synonym with prayer in our Church. She is the person that intercedes for our Church's needs, constantly. Even though she thinks she's doing the most simple thing on earth, all of us benefit from her steadfastness in prayer. We would like you to know, about Mihaela, that the way she does things in the most humble way, is an example for all of us. We post this entry as an appreciation for a soul that sits in a secret place and from there, where no one can see her, she's lifting up prayers for an entire Church, for all of the Body of Christ, and for the entire country.

We asked Mihaela to write down a few words about the way she sees God using her.

Here's what she wrote:


Ever since I can remember i loved people, I wanted to listen to them, to try and understand them, to know their problems and try to help them in any way I could, even if it was just an encouragement. My friends use to come to me and tell me their troubles and they were opening up to me. I had a desire to help the lonely ones, the ones that were suffering or felt rejected, but I didn't know how.

After i came to know Christ, I found out there was a way to help them: BY PRAYING!!

Later I understood that God placed within me the gift of mercy and compassion. I always had and still have a strong patriotic spirit. I love all Romanians, no matter what nationality. I am proud to be Romanian and it really hurts me when people speak disrespectfully of Romanians and Romania.

When I asked God what was His will for me, He showed me the verse 13 of Psalm 51: "[Then] will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. "

I thought that I am not the right person, that I am so small compared to such a great call. But still, God placed on my heart the need to pray for my Pastor, for the leaders, for my "small family" (husband, parents, kids) and my "big family" Romania! - Mihaela Șerban –”


We thank God for Mihaela and if there is something that we can wish to the other Churches, is that they should have someone like Mihaela.

May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment